Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Party Poker Satelites?

Ok so I may have a new life plan in poker - Party Poker Satelites.

After reading Bruno's post about the softness of the online tourneys I figured I'd play in a $3 rebuy satelite for the sunday million tourney ($215 entry fee). I never rebought, was the chip leader for nearly the entire match, only got my money in bad once (when it was four handed, and the blinds were rediculous). Basically I just waited for good hands and/or played positional raises all-in. Pretty straight forward stuff. I had a few hands cracked (eg Aces to A6s) and made a few rather decent calls (called an all-in bluff on the river with Ace high), but it was generally an easy ride. The people just made blantantly bad plays, so either I knew I was winning or not (this makes playing poker much easier...)

So for $3 and about 2 hours of my time I'm in the Sunday Millions. Cannot complain much about that. :) I noticed that these are soft on the Poker Network too. I'd be curious if tournament players could basically just play lots of satelites and cleanup. If you cashed in only 1 or 2 bigger tournies a month you would likely make a LOT, and if you satelited in, it would be a very good investment. Like if I played in 50 sunday millions a year. I could probably expect to cash in 5-10, and cash well in at least 1 of those.

My grinding days will continue, but this has definitely made me think! I may devote a lot more of my time to tournaments...

1 comment:

Bruno Meliambro said...

I like to play the $16 6 max double step qualifiers, i find those to be ridiculously easy.