Monday, May 07, 2007

Stakes and Donkaments...

I've been having a good run lately on Full Tilt, beating the $0.50/$1.00 games consistently. I made a bankroll mark of $3000 to move up to $1.00/$2.00, which I am happy to report I have reached. Yesterday was my first day eight tabling the 1/2 games on FT and I think they are a bit more difficult, but still very beatable. I ended up down about $40 after having a pretty good run and then blowing all of it in a single hand.

The hand went something like:

I had AhKs in the SB. A player in middle position raises it to 3.5x BB ($7). I reraise the pot to $22. My opponent calls. The flop comes down Ad, 9d, 6d. I bet the pot - $60. My opponent moves all in for $100 more. I stupidly call and he shows 9s9h for a set, which became a full house on the river. After thinking about it, this was a stupid call by me. I had thought that he could have a hand like AxKd or KxKd or QxQd, which means he has 10 outs or I'm reverse freerolling. And in a terrible scenario he has the flush or a set and I'm drawing dead. I should have checked the flop, and either called or folded to his bet - then the 4th diamond on the turn would have saved me the rest of my stack for sure. Ah well, next time I will be more careful.

Anyway, I was up on nearly every table when I quit, and even though I had reloaded on more than a couple of them, I view the session as a very positive one. I never really had very big hands, and never had a double up of my own.

---

In addition to FTOPS IV, which I'm quite excited about, I moved $500 over to Poker Stars, where I plan on starting to mine the FPP, $3R, and $39R satellites for tournament dollars and Sunday Million entries.

My goal for this year is $100k. Moving over to stars for a second chance at a big score every sunday seems like the best way to give myself a chance at a HUGE cash.

---

On a last note, I had the worst poker day I've had in a long time yesterday. I lost about 20 tournaments. Although I didn't buyin directly into almost any of them (used $26 tokens I had won), it still was an enormous hit to my confidence and BR and I'm hoping to turn things around tonight. Until next time...

No comments: