Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Deciphering Poker Tracker Data

After looking at my Poker Tracker data I am having a hard time assessing what improvements I should make. Its auto-rating pegs me as a mouse, which is not all that shocking because I am still experimenting with the correct % to be betting on flops after raising preflop in various situations.

Apparently I play only 5% of my non-blind hands, which is extremely tight. So I will start to experiment raising with more hands on the button and cutoff in un-opened pots to try to raise that a bit.

I also see that the majority of my losses come from the blinds. I will need to focus on reducing such drastic losses in those positions. For example, on the button my wins are about 950.00 and on the BB my losses are about 830.00. I am wondering what other players' stats look like here.

I used to lose a lot of money with AKs, AK, AQs, and AQ - now that I check more flops, all of these hands are big winners - which I see as the main reason I have been so profitable lately.

My best hands are QQ and JJ, which is interesting because these hands are typically pegged as "difficult to play."

I would be curious what players think Poker Tracker points out. So I can focus on taking advantage of these features!

No comments: